– above H.H. Karmapa Thaye Dorje and our resident Lama Tsultim Rinpoche during H.H.’s first visit to Sweden July 2017.
We are the Buddhist Community, Karme Tenpe Gyaltsen (KTG). At our centers you can learn about Buddhist meditation, do retreats and listen to lectures and teachings from the vast Karma Kagyu tradition – the oral tradition.
We were founded in 1976 by H.H. the 16th Karmapa and had the honor of being led by venerable meditation master Lama Ngawang from our beginnings up until his death in 2011. Today our center is led by Lama Tsultim Gyaltso Rinpoche.
Karme Tenpe Gyaltsen means The Karma Kagyu Teaching’s Victory Banner.
The head of this tradition is
H.H. Gyalwa Karmapa.
You find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KarmeTenpeGyaltsen/
and Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tibetanbuddhisminsweden/
as well as Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjW_4K1qQ7WkTkE45-1u8Fg
Brochure from H.H. Karmapa’s first visit to Sweden 2017: 40 years of Karma Kagyu in Sweden
DONATIONS for the temple-building-project can be done via:
Handelsbanken Hägersten – Buddhistiska gemenskapen KTG
Kontonummer 532 799 518
IBAN: SE11 6000 0000 0005 3279 9518
Associated to our Buddhist Community are:
- Buddhistiskt center för studier och meditation i Stockholm – Karma Shedrup Dargye Ling (KSDL).
- Solbo buddhistiska kurs- och retreatgård – Karma Dechen Ösel Ling (KDÖL).
- Örebro Buddhistgrupp, en gemenskap för meditation och samtal – Karma Machik Chöling.
Our sister centers in Hungary, started by Lama Ngawang, are led by Lama Chöpel:
KTG is a member of:
- Sveriges Buddhistiska Samarbetsråd, the Buddhist Cooperation Council of Sweden, which in turn is a members of the European Buddhist Union.
Join our mailing list – and receive news and program updates via email. Write to info[@]ktg.nu if you have any questions.